Commissioning an Original Drawing by Kirsty Bonning

Commissioning a drawing is very straightforward. Initially you may like to contact the Studio without obligation, where Kirsty will be very happy to talk with you, concerning your requirements.

T: 01884 861313
Contact: kirsty@blackdog-studios.com

The Commission Process - Timescale 4-6 weeks approx.

  1. Informal Discussion:
    Contact Kirsty to discuss your requirements, medium, size, timescale etc.
  2. Arrange source material:
    You may have photographs which can be used to work from, or preferably we can arrange for Kirsty to visit the subject to make sketches and take photographs herself.
    Click here for advice on taking photos for animal portraits
  3. Sketches:
    Kirsty will make sketches to be discussed with you.
  4. Deposit:
    A deposit of 20% is due at the start of the commission, the remaining 80% due when the drawing is delivered.
  5. Drawing:
    When you are happy with the composition, she will begin the actual drawing.
    Guarantee information
  6. Completion of Drawing:
    Arrange a visit to the Studio to discuss possible framing options. Or email / post a photograph of the completed picture to you.
  7. Framing:
    If required, framing can be carried out.
  8. Delivery:
    You can either collect your picture from the studio or we can arrange for it to be delivered by courier on a 2 day service. Delivery costs £20, which also covers packing and insurance. The delivery will need to be signed for at your end. We will inform you of the delivery date.
Image Size
(Inches)
Price Guide
Mounted Only
Price Guide
Fully Framed
10 x 14120150
12 x 16130165
14 x 18135175
16 x 20150195
18 x 24165215
20 x 30200250
The above prices are a guide for Kirsty's standard sizes. Any size or format of drawing can be quoted for.
View Oil Painting Price Guide
View Watercolour Painting Price Guide

Mounting

Drawings are mounted using 'Conservation quality' mount board. This helps to protect them from atmospheric pollutants.

Framing

Small drawing of Gilly by Kirsty Bonning There is a wide selection of frames to choose from. Drawings
View more examples >
Back to the top