Commissioning an Original Oil Painting

Commissioning a painting is very straightforward. Initially you may like to contact the Studio without obligation, where Kirsty will be very happy to talk with you, concerning your requirements.

T: 01884 861313
Contact: kirsty@blackdog-studios.com

The Commission Process - Timescale 4-6 weeks approx.

  1. Informal Discussion:
    Contact Kirsty to discuss your requirements, medium, size, timescale etc.
  2. Arrange source material:
    You may have photographs which can be used to work from, or preferably we can arrange for Kirsty to visit the subject to make sketches and take photographs herself.
    Click here for advice on taking photos for animal portraits
  3. Sketches:
    Kirsty will make sketches of the planned painting to be discussed with you.
  4. Deposit:
    A deposit of 20% is due at the start of the commission, the remaining 80% due when the painting is delivered.
  5. Painting:
    When you are happy with the composition, she will begin the actual painting. Guarantee information
  6. Completion of Painting:
    Arrange a visit to the Studio to discuss possible framing options, or Kirsty will email / post a photograph of the completed painting to you.
  7. Framing:
    If required, framing can be carried out.
  8. Delivery:
    You can either collect your painting from the studio or we can arrange for it to be delivered by courier on a 2 day service. Delivery costs £20, which also covers packing and insurance. The delivery will need to be signed for at your end. We will inform you of the delivery date.
Image Size
(Inches)
Price Guide
Un-framed
Price Guide
Framed
10 x 14350410
12 x 16450520
14 x 18595675
16 x 20675760
18 x 249001,000
20 x 301,2951,395

The above prices are a guide for Kirsty's standard sizes. Any size canvas can be made in multiples of 2".


View Watercolour Painting Price Guide
View Drawing Price Guide

Framing

We offer a bespoke framing service. A wide choice of frames are available including hand painted and finished frames.

Oil Painting, 'Haydon' by Kirsty Bonning Oil Painting
Framed examples >
Back to the top